Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Short story, parts 1,2,3,

She turned her wedding ring around and around on her finger
As the vows that they spoke to each other played in her mind

She thought of the love they shared
She stared at the door in front of her
Room 315 and on the other side was the grass truly greener? 

She stood there and thought of him
Thought of the lustful feelings he gave her, the rapid heartbeat, the giggles.. That her man no longer gave her

Decisions.. Decisions.. 

She ran her fingers through her hair.. Wanting to feel his fingers do the same, she put her hand on the knob and..

..... Opened the door. She stood inside the doorway, her breathing increased. She took a couple of deep breathes and slipped her ring off her finger placing it in the inside lining of her purse. 

It's now or never she thought to herself. She walked further into the room to find the man that has put more smiles on her face and erased the moments that her husband made her cry, made her laugh more in the last month than her husband of four years had ever done. 

He smiled at her with so much love and warmth, she began to feel at ease. She walked over to him and placed her hands on his bare chest. A chest that would put David Beckham to shame. 

They stood there staring at each other, neither saying a word. Basking in each other's presence. 

If things went how she wanted them to go there would be no turning back, her life would be forever changed...

... I stood under the shower in room 315, washing away my sins as the memories of what transpired between him and I. 

The man made love to my body like he had known my curves, dips, spots for years, and then I frowned  when I thought of how my husband once touched me in those ways.

I couldn't help but to compare the two, one was inattentive and no longer cared about my needs when my secret lover cared about every need I had before I had the need itself. 

Is this how it's supposed to be? I squeezed the shampoo into my hair and started to work the soap into my scalp. I didn't regret letting him touch my sacred spots, I couldn't wait for the next time. 

WAIT! A next time.. I sighed.. What the hell had I got myself into? This wasn't me, but I knew I couldn't stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment