Friday, April 10, 2015

Meet Patrice Ingram, featured writer of Fingertip Foreplay



Now you get to read about me...


I began writing poetry when I was in the sixth grade, that's when I became aware that I enjoyed writing. I had a lot going on in my life as a child and writing helped me get through it. 

Most of my youth and teen years I would journal, and write but never share what I wrote. It was very rare that I would share my writing. I was a little insecure and worried that others wouldn't like my writing, I'm a sensitive person so I didn't want to have to deal with critique. Times have changed! I enjoy feedback and I like to post my poetry and read it/share with others. 

I would have to say that other writers in general inspire me. I enjoy reading their work, because I feel like I grow just from reading it and it makes me want to improve my craft even more or get deeper with my writing. If I had to choose a poet I personally know that make me want to get deeper with my wordplay I would have to say it would be my cousin Endlesswill Davis. He may not know it but he pushes me without even trying. I also admire his confidence and overall presentation of his poetry. 

I am not apart of any chairities or organizations, however I do participate in a walk for Mental Health in May. This will be my second year doing the walk. My goal is to complete four walks a year. I would love to be able to do something with the cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer's fundraisers. I have been affected by each of those. 

I have yet to perform any of my pieces at a spoken word or open mic event. That is on my bucket list ☺️. I enjoy writing it so much performing it hasn't been that big of a deal to me. 

You can follow me at:
Facebook: http://facebook.com/patriceingram

Poetlife Page: http://facebook.com/poetlifeproject

Twitter: pningram

Instagram: Unfiltered_Honesty

Pinterest: Patrice Ingram

And of course the blog/Google+

My future projects include my first solo project, a book of poetry called Emotional Rollercoaster : Reflective pieces, Love, Lies & Secrets (a novel), Corrupted (a novel), and the next installment of the erotic series Ink Intimacy. 

I currently have way too many favorite poems to mention just one person. I do enjoy everything I've read in the erotic series, and the greats like Maya Angelou. 

Well I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little about me before you read the book.. If you would like to see what my erotic style is like check out We Came Together.. Available for sale online

No comments:

Post a Comment