Friday, April 10, 2015

Meet Patrice Ingram, featured writer of Fingertip Foreplay



Now you get to read about me...


I began writing poetry when I was in the sixth grade, that's when I became aware that I enjoyed writing. I had a lot going on in my life as a child and writing helped me get through it. 

Most of my youth and teen years I would journal, and write but never share what I wrote. It was very rare that I would share my writing. I was a little insecure and worried that others wouldn't like my writing, I'm a sensitive person so I didn't want to have to deal with critique. Times have changed! I enjoy feedback and I like to post my poetry and read it/share with others. 

I would have to say that other writers in general inspire me. I enjoy reading their work, because I feel like I grow just from reading it and it makes me want to improve my craft even more or get deeper with my writing. If I had to choose a poet I personally know that make me want to get deeper with my wordplay I would have to say it would be my cousin Endlesswill Davis. He may not know it but he pushes me without even trying. I also admire his confidence and overall presentation of his poetry. 

I am not apart of any chairities or organizations, however I do participate in a walk for Mental Health in May. This will be my second year doing the walk. My goal is to complete four walks a year. I would love to be able to do something with the cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer's fundraisers. I have been affected by each of those. 

I have yet to perform any of my pieces at a spoken word or open mic event. That is on my bucket list ☺️. I enjoy writing it so much performing it hasn't been that big of a deal to me. 

You can follow me at:
Facebook: http://facebook.com/patriceingram

Poetlife Page: http://facebook.com/poetlifeproject

Twitter: pningram

Instagram: Unfiltered_Honesty

Pinterest: Patrice Ingram

And of course the blog/Google+

My future projects include my first solo project, a book of poetry called Emotional Rollercoaster : Reflective pieces, Love, Lies & Secrets (a novel), Corrupted (a novel), and the next installment of the erotic series Ink Intimacy. 

I currently have way too many favorite poems to mention just one person. I do enjoy everything I've read in the erotic series, and the greats like Maya Angelou. 

Well I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little about me before you read the book.. If you would like to see what my erotic style is like check out We Came Together.. Available for sale online