Thursday, April 16, 2015

Meet Kendra, from the Fingertip Foreplay book

Kendra is one of the many new poets to the Poetlife family. Get to know her by her words as told to me..

"It's hard to say when I began writing. It feels like it's always been a natural ability to me. I've written to ease my pain or express my intense teenage emotions in high school, so lets say it began there. No particular person inspired me, though I did a lot of reading. I loved reading, it made me wish that I could come up with stories like that. My favorite author is Dean Koontz. Horror novels were so great to me, my favorite book of all time is Black Beauty and I don't care that its a child's book. It taught me to be a better person and gave me a deep sense of empathy towards some of God's most helpless creatures. 

I have not done any spoken word or open mic night. The poems I have written for Fingertip Foreplay are my first actual attempts at poetry. I may be brave enough to read them to an audience Wednesday on the radio. 

There isn't much to know about me - yet! I am just getting started. There will be a variety of blogs in my future, and that will hopefully lead to more written works. I figure as long as I aspire for it, it will become my reality. "

No comments:

Post a Comment